יום שני, 21 בספטמבר 2009

My name - Yasmin

When I was born my parents had a hard time deciding what to call me. My mother insisted on using the letter "yud" for the first letter in my name in honor of her grandmother that was called Yona and had died a couple of years before I was born. However they did not want to call me Yona or Yonit because they wanted to use a more modern name. They discussed it for several days until they came up with the name, Yasmin. My father did not have a problem with the name because he really liked the flower, jasmine.


When I was a little girl I didn't really like my name at all but through the years I began to like it more and more. I especially like the way it sounds in English, Jasmine. My father always used different nicknames for me, such as Jessica, Jessy, and he sings me the song by the "Etnix" band called "Jessica". My girlfriends also have many nicknames for me such as "Yossi", "Yusuf", Chosefina" and "Chasmine" to name just a few.


One special thing that happened when I was born and is connected to my name is my aunt and her husband bought me a jasmine plant which was very small at the time and is still in our garden and is very large. To summarize, I like my name and many people compliment me on it and say that it is a name for a princess.


I do not Know any famous people with the name Yasmin. However, I do know that the name of the flower, Jasmine, appears in the bible. I also know that the name Yasmin is used in many arab countries such as Iran, Jordan and Iraq

אין תגובות: